SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Conduct internal audits and reviews to assess the effectiveness of operational and financial controls and processes throughout the Agency and make recommendations for improvements.
- Audit reviews conducted
- Preliminary/findings and recommendations
- Working papers completed
- Working paper queries cleared
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Conducting audit reviews in accordance with audit programme and instructions. This includes reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information and the system used to identify, measure, classify and report such information.
- Examining both financial and operational records and documents to determine compliance with the relevant regulations, laws, policies and procedures.
- Investigating and appraising the system of internal controls within the Agency and assessing their adequacy in supporting organizational policies and procedures.
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, where appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
- Submitting properly prepared and compiled working papers for review. Clarifying any review query on the working papers.
- Assist in the planning of audits and submitting properly completed findings and recommendations.
- Performing any other related duties as assigned.
KEY COMPETENCIES – The post holder needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, practices and systems
- Working knowledge of accounting software, spread-sheet and word processing applications e.g. Microsoft Office Suite
- Working and current knowledge of internal control systems and audit practices and procedures/regulations (governing Executive Agencies)
- Working knowledge of computer audit techniques
- Basic knowledge of PICA policies and procedures
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound monitoring and investigative skills
- Good knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Sound evaluative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and interviewing skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of integrity and an independent outlook
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Accounting or ACCA skills module (ACCA Level II).
- Two (2) years auditing experience
Aleta Bartley (Ms.)
Director, Human Resources (Assigned)
If you believe you possess the above qualities and a strong desire to help the Agency fulfill its mandate, you are invited to visit our website at www.pica.gov.jm/http://picajobs.picaserv.com for details
Submission of applications accompanied by detailed resume including the names of two (2) references should be submitted via the web to: Director, Human Resources
Passport Immigration & Citizenship Agency, 8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10
NO LATER THAN
FRIDAY – JUNE 14, 2019 @ 4:00 P.M.
No hand delivered application will be accepted
Kindly note that ALL documents submitted to us are to be labelled as follows:
FIRST NAME – LAST NAME – Auditor 2019
We appreciate your interest in these positions; however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.