SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
To plan and manage the audit engagement executed by teams, in accordance with the Financial Administration and Audit Act, laws, regulations and guidelines established by the Government of Jamaica as well as international audit standards, by examining the effectiveness of the internal controls and making recommendations where necessary.
KEY OUTPUTS INCLUDE:
- Attend Entrance and Exit meetings
- Review and sign off Planning Memos, Risk Matrices, Audit Programmes, Planning documents and Time Budgets
- Provide technical guidance and support to members of the engagement team
- Review and sign off working papers and providing feedback
- Review and sign off Draft Report for submission to CAE
- Performance appraisals prepared for auditors
- Development of Work Plan for team members
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Perform Engagement Level Risk Assessments in accordance with international internal audit standards
- Plan and strategize audits according to risk factors identified
- Coordinates the evaluation of management procedures and operations to determine organizational efficiency, effectiveness against the guidelines of established corporate governance policies, standard operating procedures and Government Regulations using specialized audit techniques, principles and tools.
- Perform and review information technology audits to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls backup and disaster recovery and networking and system maintenance.
- Review general and application control audits for simple to complex computer information systems.
- Reviews audit reports, drafts, related working papers and other supporting documents to determine adequacy of findings in relation to IT and Performance Audits as well as suitability of recommendations for action.
- Discuss audit findings of discrepancies with Heads of Branches and provide advice on improving operational efficiency
- Manages time budget and report on variances on each assignment
- Maintains effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders and clients ensuring that the Section provides a consistently high level of service
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit budget and audit plan
Human Resource Management Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative duties in respect of staff supervised. This includes review the performance of staff, monitoring and scheduling leave, advising staff on current trends and advances in the field of auditing, government policy/regulatory adjustments and available programme offerings for their benefit.
- Maintains a harmonious and productive work team through regular meetings, and by coaching, motivating and retaining staff, recommending qualified persons for reward and recognition
- Assesses staff training requirements on an on-going basis and ensure provision of structured training programs and on-the-job coaching to develop required skills and knowledge
- Visit outstations being audited to ensure compliance with audit procedures, clarify (where necessary) any problems arising and conduct on the job training.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
|KEY COMPETENCIES: The post holder needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Sound knowledge of internal auditing and accounting principles
- Thorough knowledge of sampling techniques to determine the level of risk involved
- Expert knowledge of performance auditing and experience in conducting audits in areas of economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Expert Knowledge of IT auditing principles
- Sound knowledge of and experience in GOJ/EA operations and challenged
- Proficient in the use of ACL software
- Deliver output of a consistently high quality
- Sound knowledge of the FIEA, FAA Act and other relevant legislation
- Excellent Planning and Organizing skills
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise Initiative and sound Judgement
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to think strategically
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, IT or Business Management
- Seven (7) years auditing experience inclusive of 2 years in specialized areas
- Three years’ experience at a supervisory level
- CISA certification would be an asset
Aleta Bartley (Ms.)
Director, Human Resources (Assigned)
If you believe you possess the above qualities and a strong desire to help the Agency fulfill its mandate, you are invited to visit our website at www.pica.gov.jm/ http://picajobs.picaserv.com for details
Submission of applications accompanied by detailed resume including the names of two (2) references should be submitted via the web to:
Director, Human Resources
Passport Immigration & Citizenship Agency
8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10
NO LATER THAN
Friday, June 14, 2019 @4:00pm
No hand delivered application will be accepted
We appreciate your interest in these positions; however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.