- To manage the general office environment, ensuring the availability of suitable furniture, equipment, work spaces and tools and monitoring the operation of the switch board, transportation and office services for all Agency locations.
- Facility inspections completed
- Maintenance work ordered on vehicles, facilities, furniture, equipment
- Maintenance, security and janitorial contracts administered
- Vehicles maintained and compliant with legal requirements for driving
- Disaster and emergency management plan is in place and disseminated
- Office is kept clean
- Appropriate furniture is acquired, assigned, maintained and inspected
- Resources are effectively allocated
- Switch board manned
- Accurate, comprehensive reports submitted
- Oversee construction and renovation projects to improve efficiency and to ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations.
- Participate in architectural and engineering planning and design, including space and installation management.
- Manages the preparation of office accommodation for staff and visitors/clients
- Coordinates the repair and replacement of office furniture and equipment
- Monitors all contracts for services, certify invoices for payments accordingly. This includes security, Closed User Group contracts, janitorial and other general services, building maintenance, security and janitorial contracts
- Monitors activities of service employees, and consults with contractual supervisors to ensure compliance with contract specifications
- Oversees the collection/disposal of waste and ensures the replacement of sanitary waste receptacles;
- Monitors activities and work of janitorial workers and Office Attendants
- Approves and monitors the implementation of preventative maintenance schedules for equipment; furniture, vehicles and other assets
- Oversees the operations of the Stores, implementing appropriate systems of accountability for all goods received and distributed
- Coordinates and monitors activities for disaster preparedness and emergency management;
- Ensures the switch board is constantly manned and staff adhere to quality service guidelines
- Assists in the development and implementation of security and safety procedures
- Analyse internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of assets
- Prepares the Office Services inputs to the Corporate Plan and budget to ensure that the department’s objectives and targets are reflected
- Prepares employee accident reports; identifies and resolves safety hazards for staff; arranges for employee safety training; maintains safety records and facilitates compliance with related rules, regulations, standards and laws
- Secures lost and found items and oversees disposition of unclaimed items
- Performs administrative functions in respect of staff supervised to include setting objectives and targets, determine and recommend training and development needs, performance of performance evaluations and recommending awards for outstanding achievement
- Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by the Director, Administration
The post holder needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead, manage and delegate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to confront, address and negotiate through difficult situations in a diplomatic manner to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work in and contribute to a positive team environment
- Excellent knowledge of office management and maintenance
- Sound interpersonal skills, including providing coaching and counselling
- Sound decision-making and problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge of property management principles and practices
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications and systems
- Working knowledge in procurement management policy and procedures and the Procurement guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Education and Experience:
- First degree in Management Studies plus Certification in Facilities Management, BSc. Urban and Regional Planning or equivalent qualification
- Three (3) years related experience.
Aleta Bartley (Ms.)
Director, Human Resources (Assigned)
If you believe you possess the above qualities and a strong desire to help the Agency fulfill its mandate, you are invited to visit our website at www.pica.gov.jm/ http://picajobs.picaserv.com for details
Submission of applications accompanied by detailed resume including the names of two (2) references should be submitted via the web to:
Director, Human Resources
Passport Immigration & Citizenship Agency
8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10
NO LATER THAN
Friday, June 14, 2019 @4:00pm
No hand delivered application will be accepted
We appreciate your interest in these positions; however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.