- To support the protection of national security and delivery of service to customers by assisting in the delivery of technical software support services. By providing end-user, routing maintenance and infrastructure support.
- Documentation prepared;
- Users trained;
- Software updates and installation done;
- User problems resolved.
- Provide software technical support to the computer users;
- Develop and maintain documentation on procedures as they relate to Agency software;
- Assist with enquiries as they relate to desktop office applications;
- Train end-users on proper use of software;
- Coordinate personal computer software troubleshooting, installation, repair, problem diagnosis, and implementation;
- Receive calls for assistance, installations, and general maintenance; logs calls and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory response with acceptable time frames for the user community; provides management and status reports on all requests;
- Respond to a rapidly changing technical environment and the requirements to the user community;
- Comply with all standards, procedures, controls, and policies as established by PICA;
- Plan, organize and coordinate daily schedules for all of PICA’s locations;
- May be required to work during weekends or for extended hours;
- Utilize personal computing software – word-processing, spread sheet, and database applications to perform basic duties including documentation, reporting, scheduling and user support;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The post holder needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications and systems;
- Sound knowledge of Windows 7, XP, Windows 2003 and 2008;
- Basic knowledge of the policies, procedures controls for Immigration, Citizenship and Passport in Jamaica;
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS – Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Information Technology or related field;
- Related experience with various Operating Systems to include Microsoft Windows and Linux;
- Two (2) years related experience
Aleta Bartley (Ms.)
Director, Human Resources (Assigned)
If you believe you possess the above qualities and a strong desire to help the Agency fulfill its mandate, you are invited to visit our website at www.pica.gov.jm/ http://picajobs.picaserv.com for details
Submission of applications accompanied by detailed resume including the names of two (2) references should be submitted via the web to:
Director, Human Resources
Passport Immigration & Citizenship Agency
8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10
NO LATER THAN
Friday, June 14, 2019 @4:00pm
No hand delivered application will be accepted
We appreciate your interest in these positions; however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.