- To provide administrative support in the maintenance of the agency’s Performance Based Management System (PBMS) and in the recognition and award of outstanding employees
- Accurate database maintained
- Increment advisory letters dispatched
- PMAS Review report produced
- Timely and accurate pay-for-performance recommendations generated
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES:
- Maintain accurate records of the receipt, processing and content of individual performance evaluations and work plans for all staff.
- Assist in the analysis of PMAS data on an on-going basis for the generation of accurate and appropriate recommendations for performance based pay to include incentive awards.
- Prepare accurate increment/incentive and related pay for performance advisory letters to individual employees.
- Provide general assistance, support and information on the policies, MoFP circulars, principles and rules governing the Performance Based Management System (PBMS) operated by the Agency.
- Assist in the implementation of the Agency’s reward and recognition scheme in keeping the terms and conditions of approved policy guidelines
- Produce the annual PMAS compliance report to ensure that Units use the performance appraisal instrument correctly and to provide relevant input into the course content of the annual PMAS refresher training as well as information relevant to the development of the training Needs Analysis of the Training Section.
- Facilitate compliance with the performance management cycle by posting timely reminders regarding due probationary, interim and annual reviews; providing required employee bio-data and follow-up until receipt of all performance evaluations.
- Undertakes research/data gathering and collation activities relevant to improving the work of the Section and its outputs.
- Provides monthly and /or ad hoc reports as required
- Perform any other related duty assigned from time to time
KEY COMPETENCIES – The post holder needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
- High level of attention to details
- High level of initiative, creativity and problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge of human resource management policies and practices
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications and systems, including human resource management information packages
- Working knowledge of the GOJ Performance Based Management System
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
QUALIFICATIONS – Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- Two (2) years related experience.
Toni Spencer (Mrs.)
Director, Human Resources
If you believe you possess the above qualities and a strong desire to help the Agency fulfill its mandate, you are invited to visit our website http://picajobs.picaserv.com for details. Submission of applications accompanied by detailed resume including the names of two (2) references should be submitted via the web to:
Director, Human Resources
Passport Immigration & Citizenship Agency
8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10
No hand delivered application will be accepted
We appreciate your interest in these positions; however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.